Saturday, January 27, 2007

Carnival of Blogging Chicks : Blogging

Carnival of Blogging Chicks What I Have Learned From Blogging

I have been on the Internet since the 1980s and remember when computers had 56 K of memory and no Windows. My first computer was a Compaq portable that weighed 70 pounds and used 5-1/4 floppy disk drives.

As the computing environment and the Internet evolved, I watched in wonder. A global community evolved, and it was inhabited by a very unique tribe of users. I did not think I could become more engaged in the Internet, but then I was introduced to blogging.

Artists publish their photographs, paintings, scrapbooks and works in progress as an exquisite feast for the senses and the soul …

Brave bloggers write so their mothers may remember, so we will not forget, and about stalking and second chances ...

Individuals with extraordinary courage clinically detail their disease, mental health or disability and their hopes and fears with us ...

Environmental activists and human rights advocates carefully document information that could otherwise be lost in the media circus that is network news ...

From blogging, I have learned that friendship has no spatial boundaries, history no time constraints, and culture no geographical borders. All are welcome on the blogosphere and no judgements are made, no matter what is written.


Tags: , ,

9 comments:

swampwitch said...

"... friendship has no spatial borders, history no time constraints, culture no geographical borders..." WOW! That was powerful. Just popped in from the Carnival.

Anonymous said...

What should I add ? It is absolutely what I think too. Only I discovered blogging only last year in April. I didn't even know what a Blog was and dropped in because I was looking for documentation of Egyptian cats ! Strange ways sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine how much things have changed ! Back when I bought my husband his first Mac ( '95?), I was more than a bit intimidated. It was over a year before I even tried going on the net. I didn't really go on the net until I moved to Iowa to be a Stay at home mom, I need human contact to stay sane LOL!

:O) Here from the CBC.

Anonymous said...

I have been on Internet since the 90s. I couldn't imagine how it is like in the 80s, pretty sure half of the world didn't know what Internet is at that time ;)

Also, I got your post on you are starting to build linkage (other than blogrolls), so please do let me know!

Anonymous said...

very good, very true. I've always wondered if my blog will be preserved long enough for my children to read! (and I love going to the archives from when I started!)
I agree about friendship- so many wonderful people online!

Anonymous said...

It has definitely expanded the boundaries of our world, sharing experiences with those in other places. Thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

Dude, my first computer was a TRS 80. We're talking "first" computer there. (And, for the record, I was three and it wasn't exactly "mine.")

Anonymous said...

I'm here from Blogging Chicks. Great post. I remember in high school when the only way to use computers was thru the binary code, aug!! They sure have come a long way and I'm loving it. Thanks for sharing.

hypotheek said...

I think the computer times are now in puberty times. It is alway's nice to look back at childhood.

Hypotheek

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails