Monday, March 23, 2009

Google's Got Your Back?

Behavioral targeting, I mean, interest-based advertising has everyone wondering what privacy remains to us as we browse the Internet. In the short video below, Shuman Ghosemajumder explains how Google displays interest-based advertising, how cookies work, and demonstrates how to edit your ads preferences or opt out of interest-based ads.



If you want to skip the video, go to the G@@gle ad preference site located at www.google.com/ads/preferences.

I did and received this message, which gladdened my heart:

Cookies are disabled
Your browser's cookies seem to be disabled. Ads Preferences will not work until you enable cookies in your browser.

Call me old-fashioned, but I do not trust any conglomerate to protect my privacy. Remember, it is not paranoia if they're really out to get you.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, very informative. I think a lot of people will find this very useful.Keep post in coming future as well!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post, very informative. I think a lot of people will find this very useful.Keep post in coming future as well!!!

Anonymous said...

Very intresting article! Thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

this video is very informative. i have a blog which uses blogger a a platform too.

Fitri Ariyanto said...

nice, this is very informative..

keep post..

Sreejan Dey said...

Great Work dude, Very Impressive post is this !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails