Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Word of Mouth Marketing Ethics for Blogs

I have been posting on my other blog, Advertising-for-Success, about Edelman, a global PR firm that is violating all standards of disclosure, ethics and transparency in advertising.

CoolAdzine for Marketers, Advertising For Success and Texas RV Travel blogs, all written by Eileen Trainor (aka CyberCelt), abide by the Word of Mouth Marketing Ethics for Bloggers listed below:
  • I will always be truthful and will never knowingly relay false information. I will never ask someone else to deceive bloggers for me.
  • I will fully disclose who I am and who I work for (my identity and affiliations) from the very first encounter when communicating with bloggers or commenting on blogs.
  • I will never take action contrary to the boundaries set by bloggers. I will respect all community guidelines regarding posting messages and comments.
  • I will never ask bloggers to lie for me.
  • I will use extreme care when communicating with minors or blogs intended to be read by minors.
  • I will not manipulate advertising or affiliate programs to impact blogger income.
  • I will not use automated systems for posting comments or distributing information.
  • I understand that compensating bloggers may give the appearance of a conflict of interest, and I will therefore fully disclose any and all compensation or incentives.
You may also view the Disclosure Policy for these same blogs here.

Honesty is not optional and deception is always exposed. Ask Edelman.

Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!!! cooladzine.blogspot.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. I will be back.

Anonymous said...

The author of cooladzine.blogspot.com has written an excellent article. You have made your point and there is not much to argue about. It is like the following universal truth that you can not argue with: No matter how airtight you make an object, it will still have dust inside by the end of the month. Thanks for the info.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails