CoolAdzine for Marketers, Advertising For Success and Texas RV Travel blogs, all written by Eileen Trainor (aka CyberCelt), abide by the Word of Mouth Marketing Ethics for Bloggers listed below:
- I will always be truthful and will never knowingly relay false information. I will never ask someone else to deceive bloggers for me.
- I will fully disclose who I am and who I work for (my identity and affiliations) from the very first encounter when communicating with bloggers or commenting on blogs.
- I will never take action contrary to the boundaries set by bloggers. I will respect all community guidelines regarding posting messages and comments.
- I will never ask bloggers to lie for me.
- I will use extreme care when communicating with minors or blogs intended to be read by minors.
- I will not manipulate advertising or affiliate programs to impact blogger income.
- I will not use automated systems for posting comments or distributing information.
- I understand that compensating bloggers may give the appearance of a conflict of interest, and I will therefore fully disclose any and all compensation or incentives.
Honesty is not optional and deception is always exposed. Ask Edelman.
Tags: full disclosure, blogging ethics, transparency in advertising, word of mouth (WOM) marketing