Commissioned by icrossing, an independent search engine marketing agency, and conducted by Harris Interactive, the study found direct positive correlation between conducting research using search engines and online shopping.
Searchers look for product information and online retailers where they may purchase a product.
- 88 percent of the respondents reported conducting some online research before making an online purchase.
- 67 percent of adult online shoppers--who conduct product research. online before purchasing--use search engines to conduct the research.
- 40 percent of these adult online shoppers rely totally on search engines to find product information.
- 56 percent of searchers click on sponsored links
- 75 percent of searchers 55 and over click on sponsored links
- 57 percent of the respondents rely on online retail web sites to find product information
With Christmas coming, you may want to subscribe to our premier online shopping service newsletter to keep you updated on best bargains on the Internet.