Tidbits from Telephia:
The mobile TV audience grew 45 percent to 3.7 million subscribers in the second quarter of 2006. Among all mobile TV users:
- ABC News was the most watched mobile TV channel in Q2 2006, with 40 percent of the total mobile TV audience
- Thirty-two percent of the total mobile TV audience watched The Weather Channel.
- Fox Sports was third at 31 percent
- ESPN next with and 29 percent of the mobile TV audience
- Fox News fifth at 22 percent.
- Tetris by EA Mobile led all game titles with a 5.1 percent share.
- Namco Pac-Man came in second place with a three percent share and Ms. Pac-Man drove 2.3 percent of total revenues
- EA Mobile mBejeweled game was a close third with 2.8 percent
- ue share.
- World Poker Tour Texas Hold em Hands-On Mobile secured a 2.2 percent share.
MapQuest Mobile was the top revenue-generating downloadable mobile application, excluding mobile games and mobile TV, with 21.9 percent of the total share of revenue for mobile applications. The Weather Channel came in second, with 5.7 percent of the total revenue share, while Verizon Superpages 2.0 came in third posting a 5.3 percent share.
Ari Rosenberg of Media Post Publishing Insider listed the three things he would change in the advertising world:
- Ads that float or pop (give me a gun)
- Ads that speak before spoken to (shut up)
- The term users (try listener, readers, visitors, consumer)
Bytes: listen to eMarketer Daily on your iPod or PC using iTunes or another podcatcher program. Simply add the XML feed to your program.
Please visit Forward-and-Share today.