Friday, June 8, 2007

Folding Tables and Community Service

I will be doing some computer training at the local workforce center next month. They have a pretty good training setup, but I want a table on which I can put my laptop and a projector. I do not want to spend much money because it is volunteer work, but I want something nice that I can use for other purposes.

I went to Best Furniture Online, sponsor of this post, and looked at folding tables. I found a Lightweight Plastic Folding Table (30" X 60") that does not weigh too much. I will only have to lug it into the center once. Then I can leave it in their storage room until I finish the series of computer classes.

Do you volunteer your services somewhere in your community? It is what we can do to make a difference and it only takes a few hours a week. Think about it, will you?

3 comments:

PogiChinoy said...

Yes, I began volunteering since HS at the local St Vincent de Paul Nagle centre where I help officers there deal with people in need.

Also at Meals on Wheels where I deliver food to the local disabled people who have no full time carers.

And finally, I visit local aged care homes/disabled centres to have short chats with its residents.

It's not much but I'm told a little can go a long way.

- Pogi

Chris the Geek said...

St. Vincent de Paul does really good work. Anyways, I think your blog is pretty awesome. I'd be glad to offer you one of my awesome, super soft Geekfitters.com shirts in exchange for a link. Go here for details or email me.

Best,

Chris Geek

CyberCelt said...

@Pogi-what a huge heart you have. To speak of these wonderful things as if they are nothing. They mean a great deal to the people you help.

@Chris-Howdy! I have added you to my favorites. No t-shirt necessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails