Saturday, March 22, 2008

Blame It on the Internet

I know I dropped off the face of the Earth for a while. My dog Rags died, then we had a family emergency, and I had a difficult time for about a week.

I would like to thank all the people who contacted me to check on me. It feels good to be missed from the blogosphere.

So, I will begin blogging once again, nice and slow . . .



Two Thirds of Americans Dissatisfied With The Quality of Journalism
  • A WeMedia/Zogby Interactive poll shows that 67 percent of Americans say traditional journalism is out of touch with what they want from news.

  • Seventy percent of Americans think journalism is important to their communities, but two-thirds are not satisfied with the quality of journalism in their communities.

  • Thus, we are turning from traditional news sources, such as newspapers and TV, to the Internet for news. This shift is strong among digital natives, people under 30 years of age.
So, what are we to do? Personally, I read blogs, scan news sites and watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report on TV for my news. What do you do for news?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails