Do You Bing? Yahooers May Soon Search With Microsoft - Advertising Age - Digital
From the article:
Yahoo's request for an upfront payment (it is said to have asked for several hundred million), in addition to revenue guarantees that would amount to billions over the course of the deal, caused a breakdown last week in the on-again-off-again talks.Other issues to be worked out are:
- Microsoft wants to develop technology and not sell media.
- Microsoft wants to eliminate Yahoo as a search engine competitor.
- Yahoo wants more revenue from searches that originate on Yahoo and lead to a purchase.
- Yahoo wants access to data for use in behavioral targeting.
- Yahoo wants a share of revenue from the sale of search ads.
- Will Yahoo give Bing the "powered by" brand?
- Would advertisers buy ads via Yahoo's Panama or Microsoft's AdCenter platform?