Saturday, November 28, 2009

RAM TV Ad Lacks Imagination

I know you have seen the RAM truck "My Tank is Full" ad. Featuring iconic photographs such as a young Muhammad Ali and grizzled Albert Einstein, high school football angst amongst past years' trophies, work life shown in a series of stark photographs and trite phrases.

My Name is RAM and my tank is full.

What does this mean? At 15 mpg (city), the tank is basically a black hole for fuel. Now, if the dealer gives you free gas for a year or even a full tank at time of purchase, I could understand this commercial.

Otherwise, it makes me want to write a haiku.

RAM boasts of full tank,
Chevy wants to compare cars,
Cadillac is lost.

Too little, too late,
USA struggles to keep up,
Jobs are the real cost.

What is the meaning of this commercial to you? Please leave a comment and let me know.


1 comment:

krish said...

only poetic people can understand your haiku. I am not much into details. But for me, you did great in your haiku. kudos!

amanda from armoire à chaussures

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails