Tuesday, August 7, 2007

SPLOGS are as rampant as ever

Today was a good discussion on a marketing forum about a member finding a complete copy of her blog online--name, images, theme, skins, advertisements, and blog posts. To add insult to injury, the images were hot linked to her blog!

I find my content all over the net, sometimes credited and sometimes not. There is not much you can do if you publish your feeds. I have heard of a WordPress plugin for adding copyright information to your feed.

Week in review: Rights and wrongs on copyright | CNET News.com
Meanwhile, many bloggers feel they are being ripped off by automated digital plagiarism, in which software bots copy thousands of blog posts per hour and publish them verbatim onto Web sites on which contextual ads next to them can generate money for the site owner. (read complete article).


How big a problem is plagiarism to you and your website or blog? What security measures do you take to protect your images, content and design? Do you have an horror stories to relate?


2 comments:

Snoskred said...

Thankfully I have not had any issues with this yet, but it does worry me because I send out a full feed. I wouldn't want to change that. I might just put a note at the bottom of the feed that the material is copyright etc. :)

Of course having said that now.. probably something like this will happen to me! ;(

Snoskred
http://www.snoskred.org/

CyberCelt said...

@snoskred-if they do, maybe they will leave all your links intact. So far, that has happened every time someone has used my content.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails