Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Changing the Way We Work, Live, Play, and Learn

I just reconfigured the wireless network in my home. I have a DSL modem connected via Ethernet to a desktop computer. Which is, in turn, connected to the router and Internet access point. My laptop that I use for business has a wireless network card, we purchased a wireless card for my son's gaming computer, and my husband has another laptop.

In the business climate of today, you must be able to support anywhere, anytime connectivity. I have not had any trouble with connectivity issues, whether at home or on the road. No matter where we travel, there is usually a wifi access point, either at the RV park, state park or through a local area network (LAN).

In Texas, they have wifi access at most of the rest stops. Austin, Texas is currently working on putting up a wifi cloud, like they have in San Francisco. Soon there will be a data centre at most small and large businesses. A data centre network provides the skeleton on which your business hangs. If you need to learn about data centres, visit the Cisco Data Centre Network Architecture page for more information.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails